Summer programs are happening at UNY (Upper New York) camp and retreat centers this year and we are making sure our programs prioritize the safety, health, and well-being of all who stay at our sites. The directors and staff at each site are following the CDC recommendations for guidelines and procedures that will keep our environment safe and welcoming.
What if your personal situation changes?
Luckily, if there is one thing, we have gotten better at over the past few years, it is adapting our plans and operating from a place of grace. The directors and staff at each site understand the need to be flexible with camper’s and guest group’s needs, so we are working with a relaxed refund policy to serve our campers, families, and guests which we hope will relieve any stress and uncertainty. Here is the modified plan for returns:
- Day Camp and Resident Camp/Program:
- Worried/concerned: If a family or camper feels anxious about attending a camp or specific program due to COVID-19, we will transfer the registration fee to another week of camp in 2022 or process a complete refund. A refund must be requested prior to the first day of the camp experience.
- Symptomatic or ill: If a camper is feeling ill, shows any signs of COVID-19, has been ill, or has direct exposure as per CDC guidelines, we will apply the registration fee to another week of camp in 2022 or process a complete refund. The refund must be requested on or before the first day of the camp experience.
- No call/no show: If the camper is a no call/no show, the deposit will be forfeited.
- Retreat Groups:
- Group cancellation: If a retreat group needs to cancel due to a COVID-19 situation, we will apply the deposit toward a future retreat within that calendar year. If there is no opportunity for another scheduled retreat, the group may donate the deposit to the ministry or ask for a refund. Written documentation from the retreat group of canceling due to COVID – 19 is required.
- Individual cancellation: If an individual in the retreat group decides not to attend due to COVID-19 concerns, symptoms, illness, or direct exposure, that individual portion of the deposit will be refunded.
- No call/no show: If the retreat group is a no call/no show, the balance of the invoice will be due.
We will work with each camper, guest group, and retreat group with compassion and grace. Please reach out to the site directly with any further concerns or questions.